Sunday, December 09, 2012

Good Morning Bangalore!!!


(Note to readers: Please do not get misled by the opening. You have to read the latter half to take a deep dive into it. :) )

Well! It has been close to 3 months now that I have been with you (Bangalore) and you (Bangalore) have kept me wondering about what have you given me. Is it the loneliness that you have gifted me with? Is it the instability that you have put forth across? Or is it the set of stubborn people, unknown faces, crowded walkways and busy streets that you have shown me? Here, I am with full of ambitious plans and hell lot of expectations from the city. But your unknown streets and dicey directions doesn't land me to the place where I can fulfill my dreams. Here, I am to establish a new base, a proper home away from home. But, all that you have given me is a close to 700 sq. ft. hideout that I consider temporary. Here, i am to make new friends and turnaround my life in to the next phase. But it is difficult to find right set of people and when I think that I just found someone then they call me “Psycho” and tend to move on. Don't you think I deserve a little better... ? Don't you think that you are little too harsh on me? Wasn't I far better at Pune? I was staying with my family, had an established base and enjoying my life. But still, I have a long way to go with you. I have lots and lots of ambitions. Expectations from you are much higher. And I am positive about setting up a better life with you, Bangalore. :)

Aahh!! That was all in nutshell about my current encounter with the city of Bangalore. After all, it was my decision to move out of stable Pune life, come to a new place and look upon for improvements from within. All that I had was a job, few old contacts and list of new people to interact with. Though I have massive plans but still I don't know roads those would lead me to my destinations. So I am searching for those. All that Bangalore has given me (as compared to Pune) is TIME. At Pune, I was so much into an established career path, and established social life, that I felt that it would rather lead me to a stagnant life. And I knew that there is hell lot to be done yet. It's not the time to enjoy stability. I'm not that old. I am young enough where I can take up challenges and conquer new heights. Hence, the transition. And Bangalore was just the right place to search for the right combination.

Now!!! Here, I am at Bangalore. Though, I have lot of time for myself. It is as if Bangalore has challenged me. It is saying - “ Look, now you have all the time that you always needed. You have plenty of resources. Now, it's upon you to find the right things to do for yourself.” And, I have decided to take up this challenge. I want to grow, individually, technically, professionally and socially. Individually, I want to get indulged into self grooming exercises. I wish to look better, feel better. I want to be a better human. Technically, maybe now I have all that time to take up those Linux and German language sessions, which I had always kept on lower priorities. Professionally, maybe my new job would further provide me the right platform to unleash my skills and would also get beneffitted from those. I have already started well with TechExpression, Toastmasters and Autosar. And most important, SOCIALLY... This is the place where I am struggling a bit. Though I could get in touch with my old friends over calls, Gtalks, FBs, etc, though Bangalore has gifted me with a good team at office, though I met a new person during Bangalore-Pune transit and now I call him a friend, BUT I am looking around for something more. I am searching for a class.

Today!!!! It's Sunday. Just the right day to explore the city further. Just the right time to find for new likings and visit places. My probable next destination is Bannergatta or Indira Nagar or somewhere in between. So Bangalore... it's game on...

Here is the song dedicated to myself and Bangalorians...



(People: This was my first post after a long long time. Thanks to Bangalore that has given me enough time and reason to write. And thanks a ton to you for reading the post. I hope you enjoyed. I would keep posting few more of these with my experiences and inform you about them. If you know some good places around Bangalore or some interesting activities to do here, then please put them in comments. This is Shekhar signing out. Till then... CYA... )

No comments: