Tuesday, December 25, 2012

2013... New Year Resolution


Its 30-Dec-2012, 10 am. Climate outside my room is moist as it is Rim-Zhim drizzling since yesterday afternoon, rather evening. This chillifies the room temperature as well. :) The combination makes it to be the best time to chalk down plans and resolutions for the coming year. Well, I was thinking about these since a while now, got some suggestions from family and friends about what's not & what's hot. And when it comes to me, what's on the hit-list is the following: (It's a huge list, so you may think of reading green headlines and then choose those that you like to read)

  1. Stay as much as possible in India. Atleast during first half of the year. Passport has already been stamped with 5 (or 6) Schengen Visas and one Russian, so better the world take a back seat and India comes at the front. That means “No” to foreign assignments for time being. Stay in India and be Indian is the mantra.
  1. Prepare for House warming and get it done in first weeks of February. This is for the new home @ Pune. Well, this is an apartment that I have bought an year & half back and keys are with me since 6 months now. Whenever I speak about House-warming, my mom claims that she wants to see me with a partner for that. But since nothing is at the horizon, better to take it up. I mean why to make the home wait..

  2. Get Vaishnavi, Krunal and mom to Bangalore on a short trip, especially during IPL season. I remember our first experience at PWI vs KXIP then the second one at RR vs PWI. In fact the latter one was at Pune and we were only people supporting RR in the stand. Next one has to be on 20th April, when RCB battles RR. Both teams are my favs.

  3. Experience the Bangalore night life. Tango Callyspo is on the list. Got an invite from there so would probably consider. Well, I have never been to a disc or pub in Bangalore so this would be the first time.

  4. Own a car for Bangalore. Chevrolet Beat, Indica Vista and VW Polo are on the list. For Bangalore, Chevrolet Beat is my favorite. It's sporty, sturdy and swift, hopefully a good fit for Bengaluru conditions. And, I would get to use something that I have worked on, a GM family of cars. There are too many other cars around but GM, Tata and VW are special to me as I have contributed to them in some very small ways.

  5. If it's on cards and stars shine bright then get married. My mom and sis are after me. Mom has shown me tens of proposals so far. They are ready to run a matrimonial account by my name. For me, nothing is at the horizon at the moment. But to be honest, I have got enough of this single-lifestyle and want a change. But before that let me commit that I want to fall or rise in love. I want some one who would care for me and the one whom I would care for. Am I sounding like a Wannabe? Hey, come on, give me break!!

  6. Look better, be healthy. Stay on improvement path. It was all running after career during past years. Now, I look back and think about have I cared for myself. If not, now its the time.

  7. Previous GMAT score is void, so prepare for GMAT. It's better to have a valid score. The way that I have to climb, I know I will need a valid one.

  8. Keep up the work going as it has been since past several years. Looking ahead for another high. My work responsibilities were at a peak during Nov-2011, thereafter 2012 was the year of change. When it comes to money, I have seen over about 350% rise in 5 years. So for 2013, 1.5 mio is within eye-sight.

  9. Add one more trek experience. I have done this climbing some forts in Maharashtra during school & college days. I have also been in woods in Germany. And now the most recent one was Kodachadari. Though, I dont do it as professionals do. For me, trek is more about fun, waterfalls, scenic beauty, small peaks and a group outing. So looking for one more of its kind.

  10. Attend a live music concert. Honestly speaking, I have never attended the one before. Only ones were local groups performing during college days. So wish to attend one. I wish MLTR or Taylor swift or George Michael walk on Bangalore streets this year.

  11. Watch out for films. Dhoom 3, Top Gun 3D, Iron Man 3, Safe Heaven, The Wolverine and The Great Gatsby are on the list.

  12. Go-karting at Patels Inn. Don't know, if its only for kids or I can get my hands on it. Not sure about this at the moment.

  13. Look out for badminton activity near-by and join the group.I used to play Badminton during my school days with Anupam, Arvind, Suhas and others. And then occasionally. So I would love to continue that now.

  14. Deliver 6 modules at toastmasters. I am new to this Toastmasters concept. Though so far I have delivered two speeches. First one was “Am I...? I am...” and the second one being Table-topics speech “HR career after Engineering”. So, I am looking ahead towards completing 6 speeches during the year 2013.

  15. Keep control over the tongue and let it not free-flow. Well here I am. I was a very talkative school-kid and then a very silent youngster. But now, its like I have turned back to talkativeness and hence its very important for me now to think well and weigh my words before I deliver them.  

  16. Join the guitar class. Ahh!! This has always been on the list and not yet realized  I like to hear to music. And when it comes to songs like “Hotel California by Eagles”, those are my favs. So I have some kind of elevated mind towards Guitar but never gave it a try thinking it would be very difficult. Can I do it in this year? Lets see..

  17. Author a book. It first started with “Improving my English vocabulary” and then as “Means to explain my thoughts”. That is how I turned to blogging. Now I wish to take it to another level and come out with a book. I have started thinking of it since 3 months now, have a plot in my mind, but the story is stuck in-between, just not moving ahead. Need some more time to get it done.

That's a pretty good and big list. I am sure that I would need enough of motivation to score it. Looks like I was to do everything that is around. Shoes are on, laces are tied, my check-list is prepared and I am ready to hit the road. 2013, here I come...

I will keep on posting my experiences through blogs but as I said, it really needs lot of inspiration to scribble over pages and publish true life experiences. I have done this in the past, then dropped for a considerable time and now I am on it again. And hence I mean it. So I hope I stay inspired for the next blog and thanks to ones who inspire me to write. Till then, CYA...

Here is Hotel California for readers... Eagles playing Guitar at its best



No comments: